Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Goodbye till we meet

Yesterday morning, we collected grandpa's remains and went off Changi to give him a sea burial. I thought last Saturday's cremation was tough. This is worse. As we lowered the immaculately wrapped remains into the sea and watched it float, I was heart-broken.

These few days, I lived with a sort of emptiness. A large part of the house is gone. The presence and the companion is no longer with us. His room is next to mine and whenever I walk into it, I could picture grandpa sitting on his chair reading or lying on his bed for a nap. I saw his belongings on the bedside table. His toothbrush, his comb, his spectacles and his bible. Everything is as it is but grandpa is not around anymore.

But God has been steadfast in comforting me and reminding me of the eternal life grandpa is enjoying now.

John 14:2-3
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Grandpa has ran the race and received his trophy. His dwelling is now in heaven where there is no pain, no sorrow, no sadness, no tears. There is only joy and gladness and worship of God. That's where I want to go. Till we meet again, grandpa.