Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh the unending busyness and the staunch fatigue

I'm having one of those moments again. The kind of moment where the world stops and I start thinking and emo-ing about life, about what I had been through, about good and bad times in my life, feeling a moment of joy at the happy times and then moments of sadness that those times can never come again. It's one of those moments coincidentally accompanied by Michael Bublé's Home that I'm having now.

A lot and I mean A LOT happened since the last time I blogged.

Just after we were done with our Kill Bill remakes, we thought that's going to be it. But we had the French Lieutenant Woman project slapped on us amidst countless other assignments and that took up a huge amount of our time. So much work added and so much disruption to our momentum. But we should have been used to that by now. So that and those countless other assignments account for the little sleep I had been having. Now I believe I have a sleep debt of more than a hundred hours.

Despite the fatigue and hard work, it was fun and those shoots had fostered stronger bonds among us and I had made a new best friend whom I appreciate very much. Thank you for being there almost all the time. In a way the shoots were enjoyable because of the people.

I had filmed and submitted my solo as well as helped some others on their solos. Generally I'm not very happy with my final product. And there are many reasons for that. The sound was far from good and I had to design a soundscape for the outdoor scene which was not successful at all. Most of the shots were fine but I expected more. But still, I guess I should be contented with the fact that it is an improvement from my previous solos. It was hard squeezing my story into eight minutes.

Now I need to worry about the pitch for diploma film. I can still remember stepping into Lasalle last year and now we're working on out diploma films. It's just scary. I had been selected to go for a second round of pitch and my story isn't concrete. So I'm fussing a bit over it, racking my brains for ideas. And there're still assignments to be done the last three weeks of semester, stuff like my non-existent essay.

That's mostly what I had been doing. All the late nights and poor diet had weakened me. Ironically, all the physical work had toughened me up a bit and I'm getting some unwanted muscles. I had lost some weight too and my face spells fatigue.

I'm going to be involved in Wee Li Lin's next feature during the hols. But what I'm really looking forward to is some rest, going for walks with my camera, spending time chilling with great company.

Hmm.. I need to get hold of some photos from shoots to post up here...