Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wintersday 2007

I very seldom blog about Guild Wars events but this time the festivities were really cool. It was the same last year but I didn't appreciate it that much.

Well, the main towns of Tyria have been decorated nicely. I haven't forgotten my reaction when I first saw it. Anyway, Lion's Arch, Kamadan, Droknar's Forge and Old Ascalon are adorned beautifully with Wintersday jewels and it's basically Christmas themed decorations. And there's even snow falling everywhere!












Wintersday is a showdown between Dwayna and Grenth to see who should have control over the weather, so the citizens of Tyria has to vote. Personally, I vote for Dwayna cos she's female. Sexist, I know. The battle between these 2 occurs every 3 hours in Kamadan and 
Lion's Arch and at the end of it, players are given a customised hat from either Dwayna or Grenth. These are the hats I've got. I missed out 2 which came out in last year's 
Wintersday event. 


And there're also special items to collect from Wintersday! These items are available only during Wintersday periods. Each item has it's unique use and they add to the 'Sweet Tooth' and 'Drunkard' titles.

And apart from these items, there's the annual Snowball Arena to pit ourselves against each other. In the arena, every character's skills are changed to snowball skills 
which makes it even more like a snowball fight.

Each year, Wintersday gets really fun although many festivities are repeated. Next, I've looking forward to the Dragon Festival.