Saturday, December 27, 2008

Blessed Holidays

Perhaps I should begin yet again the motion of regular blogging. It is after all the best way to keep people updated about the events in my life.

Holidays began with little rest, mainly occupied from work and Kaleo camp preparation and catching up on all the stuff I missed during my busy period in school. I received my results and I'm pleased with 2 As I got for Film History and Screenwriting, directing and producing. The result for the last module isn't confirmed yet. I got a D and was told that I had to resubmit for some assessment which left me sort of bewildered. After some verification, there's apparently some miscalculation and it should be something better than a D though I'm very certain it isn't an A like the other 2. I'm thankful nevertheless, God knowing my desire for good results in my favourite modules.

Last week, we had Kaleo camp! Boy was it fun. Although I was only there for the second half of it, I still enjoyed myself very much and was tired out by the activities. The finale, all planned and masterminded by Su-Lynn was a brilliant way to reinforce the importance of God's Word in our lives. The camp gave me an opportunity to spend a bit of time with my to-be Sec 1 girls. They're so cheeky and fun-loving, just like me when I was 13 I guess. Come think of it, I do love them already. Still, I'm a bit nervous about having to mentor and disciple them. Like what all leaders like to say, it doesn't seem like I'm good enough to lead.

I was debating to myself whether or not I should celebrate Christmas. The bible never did say that Jesus was born on 25th of December. But on Christmas Eve and Christmas day itself, I found good food and good company. It wasn't a fruitful dieting week, obviously. An expensive semester has left me pretty broke and so there's little Christmas shopping I could do. I still received many presents, all of which are practical to me. I guess it's God's way of blessing me in this season. It's another time of the year where I do appreciate all the close ones in my life.

And so 2009 is coming. I'm both looking forward and not looking forward to it. I am looking forward to school and all the stuff I've planned for myself for the year. Then again, the sucky economy isn't what I'm waiting to go through. Oh, and I've been into bentos lately. Got a pair of nice pink chopsticks to go with a bento, one of my practical Christmas presents. Next year I'll probably be packing lunch to school. It's too expensive to eat out. When I make bentos, there'll be a section dedicated to bento on the blog.

Till then, have a blessed holiday!