Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My ramblings continue...

It's just getting more tensed in school now that we are taking our key positions in the studio shoot (which most of us are still not looking forward to). I am going to be a DP (Director of Photography) and I do question my competence.

Nothing seems to be working out on set. Because our story is set in a old coffee shop, we need our tables, chairs and cups and dishes and milo tins and an unending list of other things. We have secured none. We need a cast of kids and adults of various ages. We have found none. And I just found out the rental of props and furniture is costly.

People are coveting each other's positions and there's unfriendliness in the air. I hate to say that cliques are showing and there's this awkwardness going around. 

Now my solo. I'm so glad that aunty Fiona has so graciously allowed me to use her house for my story's location and almost her whole family as the cast. I feel so.. relieved. But now, I'm only praying for a crew because every single one of us (that's about 23) have to finish shooting for our solo films by the end of next week. I still think I'm going die.

Finally we finished our directing exercises. Our work was still crappy but of course there were a couple of good ones. For all the reasons why we succumbed to technical difficulties, they became bad excuses. I want to reshoot but maybe  would form a crew and do it all again during the hols. Hopefully. Speaking of directing exercises, I've been more involved in acting than almost anything else which kind of sucks. I need some motivation now. And lots of prayers for all the shoots and my sanity.