Saturday, August 01, 2009

Yay, its the first post of the month and I'm here to lament. School starts in a day to be exact. Boohoo. Ok not that I hate school. I chose to go back to it to start with. But on first look at my timetable, its 9-6 mondays to fridays. >.> And it dawned on me that we're seniors now. =/

So holidays have ended. And I've not achieved all that I've set out to do during the hols, one of which is packing my room. I never got down to doing it. I never got down to doing a lot of things particularly because my time was given to work and spending time with people. Well I guess its time to adjust back to school life again.

We just had nice birthday dinner for dad at The Paramount. The Paramount had been around for many years. It's a restaurant under Tung Lok. People who love chinese ala carte buffets should go there. Besides, we were served by a waitress who was awesome. She was so attentive and friendly to us. Last Saturday, we met up with friends at Oosh, a semi luxurious place located at Demsey for dining and drinking. I had never heard of the place prior to last week and I thought the name sounds kind of dodgy. But it is different from what I thought it was. The place is huge with multiple dining areas both indoors and outdoors, so atmosphere and setting are wonderful. The food was pretty good but quite overpriced. I guess sometimes its the kind of people that go there too. We drove into the restaurant's private car park and saw a lambo and a porche. That makes me uneasy about that place to be honest. Anyway, no reviews for The Paramount and Oosh. If you are really curious, go check them out. These places taught me that dining isn't just about food, it's an experience. Some people call it a lifestyle. But believe it or not, I eat to live.

I'm am so going to be challenged by my resolution to keep the Sabbath holy. Because I hadn't been doing so last semester and I suffered spiritually. I guess its true that disobedience has its consequence. It's time again to look at my vision in film, an end result I'm working towards. It gets clearer and clearer what I want to do. Facing the Giants and Fireproof have been a great source of inspiration and that is where I want to go.