Monday, November 16, 2009

A Time to Think

Admittedly, I was reluctant to go for the leader's retreat during the weekend. But as always, it did much good. I guess it's that time I need occasionally to sit and think about all that I'm doing, both in ministry and in pursuing my dream.

Retreat was at this resort right at the end of Singapore and I guess it was good in a way. Being totally out of the city allowed me some clarity of thought without distractions, and for once in a many weeks, I could pray without rushing.

Then I went out and wandered around as I always do. Walking is therapeutic for me. Then I decided to take out my 3.2 megapixel phone camera and snap.






Phone cameras are downright lousy. It was hard to snap any good pictures at all. So the colour was off, the exposure was hideous and the focus was non-existent. Nevertheless, walking and looking at stuff made me realise I had not admired God for a long time. Maybe that's why I can't wait to bring out my camera for a walk again. Somehow it makes me think of God and appreciate the things He created.