Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Finally we're done with another semester. And it had been a rough ride because so many shoots cramped together. But overall it had been a disappointing semester because I found myself not learning very much from the Kill Bill and FLW exercises. My solo was pretty mediocre and I lost the pitch which means I'll probably never get to make a film of my own within film school.

And I found some photos, which I never posted here.






That was one of the Kill Bill exercises and the huge photo at the bottom was from FLW which is French Lieutenant's Woman.

Now I'm serving my internship on Wee Li Lin's second feature called Forever. And I'm tasked to make a behind-the-scenes video. I have no idea how I'm gonna do that to be honest. But I'll just take whatever comes my way. I got some pictures of the set too which I don't think is a good idea to be posted at the moment. But the set looks awesome aesthetically. Anyway, much of my holidays will be spent on set, during which I get to observe the camera crew and scrutinise the Red Cam. It's one of the great motivations of being on set somehow.

I had been uber, extremely, overboard upset about losing the pitch. Don't ask me why. I only knew it mattered to me so much after I didn't get selected. Even now I get pangs of disappointment and moodiness from it. But I had been assigned to write Veronica's script, so I guess it isn't that bad.

I guess I try to compensate for a failure by crewing on many projects just so I'd do something maybe. I had agreed to work with my seniors on two thesis films and will be part of 4 of my classmates' diploma films. I might be killing myself but I don't really want to pull out of any of them at all. That's like the outlook for the next few months to come.