Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On Production, On set

I spent my birthday shooting. Sounds quite sad right? But I'm not exactly complaining. After all, I spent the day doing something I feel a lot for.

It took me once to know I don't like being an AD, twice to know I suck at it, thrice to swear to myself never to be an AD unless the director is a close friend. Seriously, the job sucks. People like to say the job of an AD is VERY important. But no one, and I mean no one, gives a rat's ass about the AD.

Anyway, we're halfway through the production and I hope everyone survives it well. We have a crew that's tiny but a tad quarrelsome and defensive and short fused. I personally find it challenging to keep my cool. All I have left to keep me from losing it is a scriptural reminder to serve intentionally and not see it as just a job.

I can't wait... for a break to come again. The simple enjoyments in life....