Monday, November 22, 2010

End of Semester

It's been exactly a month since I last spoke here. As what people always say, the year just flew by. And yup, we're at the end of the semester. Should I actually go on complaining about school? Nah, have done that the last few posts. Rather, maybe I should start appreciating life the way it is.

I've shifted back to live with my parents. No I have not left grandma behind; we both shifted here. It's been a week and it's sort of weird because I've never really lived with my parents. So far it's ok, add on the fact that Fergie loves her new home. And I do like my new room. In the midst of shifting, I've given away about half my property: the books, jewelry, stationary, clothes, etc. What I really miss about grandma's place is Western Chow, the convenience store and my family doctor, and there's no neighbourhood hairdresser to trim my fringe for me anymore.

9420 Hours is doing ok. I'm still working out a non-linear script and it's really difficult to do that. I'm starting to wonder if I should put more effort in the production work at this point or the script. And I've been shamelessly asking people for opinions. Haha. We need sponsors for everything and we've worked out a budget of 30k. Not sure where the money is going to come from.

Because I'm quite involved in sound, I've got audio post classes every Mon, Wed, and Fri nights. Sound is where my faith is tested. I'm quite a klutz with sound and have always prayed before doing it, trusting that God will fill the gaps of my incompetence. I'm not sure how the sound is going to be for the thesis films, but I'm just gonna rely on God. After all, he is the creator of sound.

Ok, on a note a lot more serious, I need a job. I need a job that pays reasonably well, anyone?