Saturday, May 07, 2011

Simple Shortbread

The toil of the semester is ending soon. Really, 8 whole weeks of staring at the computer editing and doing audio post is no joke. The frequent headaches have fueled a determination to stay away from the computer when I'm home, such that I bake in order to keep myself occupied.



I've always wanted to try making shortbread but cupcakes have always been in my comfort zone. Furthermore, I've had a failed cookie attempt once, some years back. And that has kept me away from doing cookies. Nevertheless, I felt compelled to try making something different, partly because of complains that I've been baking the same stuff.

I have no idea what shortbread is, or what makes a shortbread, shortbread. But when I stumbled on to this at allrecipes.com, I couldn't find much of an excuse not to try it.

Shortbread recipes vary with ingredients and this is the simplest of it all, with just 4 ingredients. But I'm not betting on this to make variations although I might experiment on that later on.