Sunday, September 29, 2013

A New Life

I've just realised the significance behind all that I've been learning in recent weeks. It's a single truth that was repeated from random readings, BSF study and sermons. 

It's quite hard to put it all in concrete words but I think the essence of it is God telling me that my existence is founded on Him. My life, my significance, purpose and whatever that defines me comes from Him. 

I am defined by the faith that is in Him, by the grace that was freely given to me. My existence is not founded upon my deeds, my weekly Christian commitments or my service. Rather, it is from the fact that I am redeemed. 

Galatians 2:20 was a highlight for me because the only reason for existence is for Christ. Any trace of living for myself just mean that that specific area has not be crucified. 

Do I want to be defined by my living and works or shall I be defined by Christ who came and gave his life for me.

And what would this mean? The only important thing then becomes Christ. Everything else does not matter anymore. Be it career, choice of marriage or single hood, ministry, or whatever aspect of life just doesn't seem significant anymore. And as Christ is the only definition left of my life, everything else is done is to ensure that Christ remains as the only definition.