Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Isaiah 14 God is good and is in control

Just recently met a friend whom I knew way back in church when I was still a youth. She had been through some event that caused her to become somewhat withdrawn and mental. I remembered how she seemed to have disappeared one day and was never contacted or had any follow up. Her visit reminded me of the people that formed the youth ministry when I was a youth. They filled my Sundays and shaped my spiritual life. But today, a good three quarters of them are no longer with us. Some even fell away and decided to abandon their worship. It is discouraging and I wondered about God's involvement in this. 

Genesis 37-38 assured me that God uses all events to his glory. Isaiah 14 kind of backed this point up. The Lord rescued Israel from their captors and in the same way The Lord delivers his people from their misery. 

It is amazing how God works even to our smallest needs and details. While fretting over the next space to rent for work, God reveals a place to us in Arab street, a place that have been crossing my mind except I've always been deterred by it because of the high rent. Someone is letting for a much lower price and in the exact same period that we'll need to move. Even if it doesn't work out in the end, this is proof that God surely knows our desires and needs and provides accordingly. How wonderful.