Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Leap Week

The final week of February wasn't as pleasant as one would hope for it to be. Well firstly, I was tired out the end of it and not to mention having to tolerate nonsense all round, and I do mean all round. I just don't like to answer for people and don't like to be faulted for things I do not know of. But that's life, no? It's ok though. I'm forgiving in this aspect because I'm like that sometimes.

Suddenly there are so many issues at work. People have accused Harvest Care Centre for exploiting teachers. And there's a pressing need for students to come to us which suddenly became solely my responsibility. Much prayer is needed for this and it mainly looks bleak to me.

Last evening, we had a debate on the question posted at last week’s sermon. Should we lie to save another person’s life? Interesting question. It’s one of those questions where there’s a definite answer each person can set for himself or herself but hard to stick by it. Sounds a bit like caught in a situation of confessing your faith in an anti-Christ society. It’s easier to lie and deny than to say the truth and face the consequences. My stand is that since the bible has stated clearly in stone that we should not lie then we shouldn’t. And God’s commands stand in all situations, whether there’s a life involved or not. And God had in mind these situations too when he gave his commands. He doesn’t just pass decrees and leave us to die obeying it. On the other hand, God is sovereign and he doesn’t need us to lie for his plan to work out. God places us in superhero positions sometimes but God is God and we are not. We just ought to be convicted of what we know what God require us to do.

Bailamos passed with a smash. Joel’s performance was fantastic and I’m honestly looking forward to the next salsa event. Apart from performances, there were social dance segments for people to show their salsa moves on the dance floor. I spotted a couple of dancers that were really good. I should be on my way soon to take up salsa. It’s fun to be able to do it.