Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Start of Film

Yay. It's been an exciting and a little intimidating first 2 days of school. And we were asked countless times why we want to do film. One of my lecturers said it's good to remember our purpose and passion for film. It helps encourage us on the bad days.

In all honesty, I admire film very much. Despite the fact that I had chosen Theatre Arts initially, the transfer might actually be a blessing in disguise. Why do I admire film? It is plainly because film holds this incredible power that can't be explained. It has the power to inspire, influence and educate. That really intriges me, but for now I just have to accept that's the way film is for now. My purpose isn't exactly go to the roots of the nature of film but to learn the great techniques of using this power film has.

I guess blogging will have to halt for a bit. We've got one of the worst timetables ever, possibly one of the worst on planet earth. Life just has to be different now.