Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's almost been a month since my hols started and being me, I can't help but think if I had achieved all my holiday objectives. Well, I haven't really accomplished much.

Quite recently, I had come to know that my grandma is lonely, in fact she is very lonely. I heard from one of the ladies from her church that when they do their regular visitation, she's always so glad. When it's time for them to leave, she would tear and tell them don't take too long to come back again. It saddens me a lot to hear it and I know its mostly because grandpa had passed on many months ago. I always wish I could take her out, have more meals with her, watch TV with her. Yet as it is, I already have no social life. I realise everyone around me meet up often, all except me. I almost don't meet up with any of my girlfriends. Somehow, people have stopped asking me out because I'm simply too occupied. As much as I can now, I am giving more time to grandma and also try to meet people up for lunch. In fact I am probably not going to attend service as often as every Sunday, so I can bring grandma for her church service.

Work had been pretty fulfilling. Maybe there's just something about working with kids that makes work altogether different. I am working in a centre called Brain Revolution. The centre provides therapy and exercises to kids who have attention deficit hyperactive disorder, motor skill problems, awareness issues, auditory processing disorders, etc. Such problems are common to kids regardless of IQ or academic inclination. Some of the kids are really fun to work with but of course there are kids who annoy and irritate, its as though they live for that purpose. Whatever it is, I'm thankful that I do enjoy my holiday work.

Assorted Sushi from Ishi MuraLast evening, I had to be in school till 8pm. After I was done, I walked to Ishi Mura and grabbed a box of sushi. Somehow ironically just as I'm complaining that I'm losing my social life, I do appreciate my 'alone' moments like this one. Just sitting in a quiet corner by the window and watching the world go by. Usually such moments are heightened with the company of food. I remember sitting alone in quiet corners facing the world with a bowl of soup and my laptop. It's one of those things in life I enjoy. Perhaps that's why I like to do ETWG this way. It's my little conducive environment to talk to God and read His Word.