Thursday, September 08, 2011

Sydney

Can't believe I actually forgot to do this.

Just over 2 months ago, I visited Sydney to attend the Backyard Academy brought by Notforsalecampaign.org. It is a conference about human trafficking. So I flew to Sydney and went into the Italian district of the city known as Leichardt. It is a beautiful place, very peaceful and spacious, quite unlike downtown.

IMG_0022

IMG_0021

It's just gorgeous when the sun rises.

IMG_0038

IMG_0024

I did mention that it is an Italian district and so Italian delis are common and so are pasta restaurants. Much of their bread have ricotta cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, artichokes, anchovies, parma ham, etc. And they aren't very expensive. So I spent my days eating a lot of Italian sandwiches and breads. I lost some weight by the way.

IMG_0064

I had a day free before I flew home and I took the liberty to visit the city.

IMG_0048

IMG_0053

The Sydney Opera House was packed. It wasn't only a tourist attraction but also a nice hangout for the locals. Quite a bit of Australia's population are Asians too. So it is common to see a Malaysian, Vietnamese or Hong Konger, or some dude from China in town.

IMG_0046

And there it is the iconic Habour Bridge against the evening sun. I really appreciated the sun. You would too if you're in the middle of winter.

Oh, did I tell you those pictures were taken with my iPhone? My camera wasn't with me when I went.