Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Finding a reason to rejoice

It's the third time I'm sick in two weeks. I should be on my guitar now but I'm running a fever again and getting the chills. Not sure how I'll survive work tomorrow but I will.

I'm counting down to the number of days we have left to write the business proposal and it's 20. That's less than 3 weeks. I'm starting to freak out a bit. It's really hard to handle a proposal and a script along with a full-time job, plus church commitments. A little help would be nice.

I read the bible this morning and it said to rejoice in the Lord and that reminded me of Psalm 103 which begins with "Praise the Lord...". It sure is comforting at least to hear the words rejoice and praise. I'm waiting for the turbulence to be over. One of the virtues of being a follower of Christ is patience, the ability to endure hardships. On the final week of this year, it will be my break. I will sleep and do nothing. Sounds like a perfect plan.